Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Beginning

Once again, I've reached the beginning. The beginning of a new school year, the beginning of my friends coming home from their missions, the beginning of a new set of school projects, the beginning of another year of IWA, the beginning of a new set of roommates and the beginning of the real world.
Yesterday was one of the best times I've ever had at IWA. I spent time in the board meeting with amazing women. My adviser, Sister Mendenhall and my president Amanda Johnson along with many other women are some of the most amazing women I know. Then we went to Sister Mendenhalls home where we had a Hymn Testimony. Girls that I have known for years told of deeply personal times in their life when everything was going wrong and life was not how it should be, but then they would tell of the blessings and the lessons that they had learned from it. I couldn't help but be amazed by these women that are so strong. After listening to them, I realized what my hymn testimony would be. I chose hymn #256. I wrote next to the hymn that we are all amazing! God loves us and he wants us to be happy. We are the Youth of Zion and we will stand with valiant heart. 
What a wonderful night of testimonies! It truly made mine stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica! I love it and I love you! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jess you are amazing. I'm glad you started a blog so I can keep up with your life because our pillow talk is sadly lacking this semester. Sorry about that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete