Thursday, November 10, 2011

Running....

I love to run! However, it has only been in the last four weeks that I started running again. I ran in high school on my Cross Country team my senior year. I was not a runner then.... My happiest races were when I didn't come in last. (Pathetic... Right? ) Last night I was able to run 3 miles without stopping. No walking, no breaks, just straight through!! This is such an accomplishment for me!! Even when I was racing, I had to walk and stop. Can I tell you how good it feels to run! My body is feeling so much better than it did even a week ago.  I love that the body releases endorphins which make me so happy. I have almost decided that the only way I'm going to handle the next three semesters is to keep running. Life works itself out and I stop worrying so much when I run.  Last night was one of those nights when it hurt to run, the first mile was a killer, but I just kept pushing through and by the third mile I was in the runner's high! I love that feeling. I love knowing that I did it! Did I mention that I have a year left before I graduate? If everything works out the way I want it to then I should graduate Fall 2012. I can't wait. It is so nice to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have a couple of hard semesters planned. Next semester will have another 16 credits, summer will have between 6-10, and fall will probably be another 16, but I will graduate!!! I can't wait! Do I have any idea what I am going to do when I graduate? No, not at all! I just want to focus on one thing at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment