Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas!

I have enjoyed coming home and spending time with my family. I was going to work until the 23rd and come home that night, but it worked out so that I could get work off and come home on the 20th. So, what have I done to enjoy this holiday? 1st: I went caroling. Twice. Once with my really good friend Alyssa and her family in Grace, Idaho. They were so amazing and I definitely felt like I should have practiced, but it was so much fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am also completely jealous that she has such a beautiful drive, my drive to good ole' Delta gives me plenty of time to think. I love the sagebrush and the flat areas, but it is not the prettiest of drives, that is for sure.

The other thing that we did for fun was go caroling when I got home. I am the oldest of 26 cousins on my dad's side. We range from me, almost 21, to my little cousin who was born in October. We went caroling on Christmas Eve and had a riot. We were probably hilarious as we tried to remember Christmas songs and sing on key. After driving around our neighborhood and practically freezing, we went back to my house and ate delicious chili, cornbread, rolls, hot chocolate, shrimp dip, cookies and brownies. Yum! It was all delicious and my aunt's and mom are all amazing cooks.

I got to play with these adorable kids! 
And these ones! 
But my favorite kid to spend any time with is this one.....


She is the cutest little girl. She is my Mars. I have babysat her several times and every time I just fall more in love with her. She is always so happy. She will run up to me, jump in my arms and tell me how much she loves me. I babysat her over the summer during one of our rodeos and she cuddled up to me and asked me why I wasn't her sister? I don't know, but I am so grateful that I get to call her my cousin. She is so cute!

On Christmas we had the best gift ever! My brother is serving his mission in Berlin Germany. As a missionary he gets to call home on Christmas and Mother's Day. He called us at 5:50 am. I jumped out of bed as soon as the phone started ringing. We talked to Chad for almost three hours. It was such a blessing to be able to talk to him. I didn't get to talk to him the day he flew out, so this is the first time I have talked to him since July 6. We also got to talk to his companions and a lady that he confirmed earlier that morning.It was amazing and such a blessing. For my family, Christmas is all about our family. We spent the afternoon visiting my grandparents, and two of my uncles and their families.  The last family we visited is perhaps the cutest. They have 5 kids and one of their boys is about 3. He ran up to me and grabbed my hand and told me I had to see his Christmas toys. It was so cute and he was so excited! The reason for the season has always been Christ. It will always be because of Christ, but it only through him that I will have my family with me forever. I am so grateful! I love Christmas and I love the time that I have spent with my family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment