Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Dad

Today is my Dad's birthday. So this is my tribute to my dad. Ever since I was little I have been Daddy's little girl. We have rode horses, worked cattle and had long talks together. He has always been my hero. He works harder than anyone I know and he loves me more than anyone else except for maybe my mom. He loves to give me advice and teach me new tricks like how to throw a rope or train a horse.  We have fixed tractors, changed the oil in my car and have fixed fence together. I tease him all the time about his gray hair coming through. He blames it on me, but I blame it on my brother and sister.   

One of my favorite memories of my dad is of when I was 5 or 6. He was working into the city and worked from 8 to 5 most days of the week. Before school, we would saddle up the horses and go ride for about an hour. It was my time with dad. We talked about everything. To make it the best of both worlds we rode the horses. Most of my memories of my dad are either riding horses or checking the cows.

He loves to do crazy spontaneous things like take road trips or wake my family up at 2 in the morning to look at the stars, sometimes he chases buffalo and he  has always dreamed of being a pick-up man in a rodeo. So we have rounded up bucking bulls for fun! He loves to hunt and spend any time with my family.  From breaking horses to farming to hunting it seems like he does it all.   My dad is crazy, but I love him. I love his example to me and his testimony. He is one of the best men I know! So here's to my dad! He is 44 and still going strong! Love ya tons Daddy!
My Sister and Dad on the Deer Hunt



No comments:

Post a Comment