Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Gym


It's scary and intimidating with its rows of machines and slightly fierce looking people, but then sometimes it is really fun.  Yesterday, I hadn't had time to go to the gym in the morning so I went after my classes around 5 o'clock. I went to the 2nd floor of the Fieldhouse and took a look around.  Usually I go to the gym in the morning, so the crowd is always smaller and has a different feel to it.  Last night the gym was packed. There were the body builders, the i'm-here-to-see-if-i-can-find-someone girls, the leave-me-alone-I-really-want-to-work-out-and-you're-bothering-me folks, the i-look-good-and-i-know-it few and the i-love-working-out-and-am-thoroughly-enjoying-watching-you-work-out people which is what I consider myself.

 I really do love to work out. I love the feeling of coming off a good run and knowing that my body is a little bit stronger than yesterday. To top it off, I love people watching. My favorite spot in the gym is on the treadmills overlooking the track and basketball courts. I love to watch basketball. Can I play it? Don't even ask..... it is pretty pathetic when I try, but I love to watch it. I watched a skins/shirts basketball game and pretty much enjoyed it, a lot. One of my friends was actually playing in the scrimmage so it was fun to watch the passion he had for the game. 

On a side note, I officially started training this week for the Half-marathon.  So far, (since I have been training for a grand total of 2 days) I really like it. Only 101 days left to train for the half! 

No comments:

Post a Comment