Thursday, September 27, 2012

A little secret!

So this morning, I woke up and decided to curl my hair. I love to curl my hair so no big deal right? Wrong. There are two ways to curl your hair if you are using a curling iron- you can use the clamp and clamp onto it or you can wrap it around the curling iron and hold the hair with you fingers. I decided that I wanted to wrap it. It produces large, loose curls at least for me. I start curling my hair. Everything is going great and then Bam! I yelp (probably wake my roommate up in the next room over) and drop the curling iron. I look in the mirror and I have a hickie! I burned myself with the freaking curling iron! And guess where this burn/hickie is? On the front of my neck, halfway down and falls right next to my hoop earring. I can't even hide it with my hair! The entire time I was curling the rest of the hair because you know that happened on the 2nd curl, I was scowling at the mirror. Here I am, a single lady, so single that I haven't had a date since April and I gave myself a hickie that people will look at and think they know what I have been up to. Let's face it- I did a great job on this one. It actually looks like a hickie. About 1 1/2 inches long and perfectly oval! At this point, all I can do is laugh and of course smack my head and wonder how I could be that dumb to burn myself on the front of my neck. Couldn't I have burned myself on the back of my neck where no one will see it because my large, loose curls are covering it up? NO, of course not. And the worst part about it- I thought I had some cover up in backpack, but do I- Do I even need to answer that with the way my day has been going? So here's to a burn that looks like a hickie, the only action this single lady is getting and what can I say? It is pretty funny! (If you are not laughing by now-there could be something wrong with you, because this is hilarious if I do say so myself.)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Jess.... Hopefully it healed quickly. My violin leaves a hickey mark on my neck and one time, Before i had even been kissed my friend's mom looked at me and said, "What is that on your neck?" lol

    Hope life is swell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is healing up, but not as fast as I would like. Other than that life is great! Hope everything is going great with you guys!

      Delete