Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall

I love this time of year. There is so much that I love about it! Deer hunt is always a favorite and seeing the leaves change and feeling the crispness in the air. I love it!
via
However, I didn't have a whole lot of time that I could devote to the deer hunt. My life is crazy busy with school and work and only one day of fall break, but I went to the mountains with my family. The night before opening day, we set up camp, talked, watched the stars, made a few s'mores, listened to the guitar, climbed to the top and looked down off the cliff, rode a horse and truly just enjoyed.  I love going to the mountains. You feel so removed from everything that is weighing you down and you are able to just be. There is something about watching a fire. It is really hard to explain, but it is so cool.

Opening day was really fun especially since I didn't have a tag. I was able to stay in my warm bed until breakfast. I got dressed, didn't worry about saddling up and sitting on a nice chilly saddle and spent some time with my mom, Aunts, and cousins. It was a lot of fun.  I love being out in the mountains, I love spending time with the family and I love the deer hunt even when we don't bring anything home from the mountains.  Celebrating life and this time of year!?! Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment