Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What a Weekend!

So I went home this weekend, knowing that it would be absolutely insane at the the Tolbert house, but looking forward to it at the same time. This prior weekend was general conference. It comes around twice a year and I love it. But, I didn't get to watch as much of it as I wanted due to the 200 head of cattle that needed to be branded and processed.

Saturday was absolutely crazy. We worked cattle all day long. Shots, brands, and castration. It was so much work. I still have a few sore muscles, but it was so much fun! We laughed, we joked, we teased each other, and we got the work done. The crew consisted of my mom and dad, my sister- Meagan, Grandpa, Uncle Kevin, Jayden and Dustin Hamilton.  It was hilarious. My Grandpa is a diabetic so I went back to check on him and asked if he needed a candy bar or something. He told me he was good, but that his "Love Bank" was running a little low. I started laughing and asked if he needed a hug? He was like, 'Yes." I was laughing so hard by this point and ended up giving him a hug through a gate. Super funny! It was a crazy busy day, but we got a lot done and had a lot of fun.  Dustin happens to be one of our really good friends and he came down to help us. Boy, did he have us busting up. My Uncle Kevin showed up and Mom was like "Let's introduce Dustin as your Husband (to Uncle Kevin)." I was like, "No." But then my mom told Dustin and suddenly there was "Hey Honey, you're in the way." "Sweetheart-not like that, like this." "Darling, I got blood all over me, but give me a kiss anyway." I was literally dying! I was laughing so hard. We were thoroughly entertained to say the least. And don't worry, I was sending plenty of "Sweethearts, Darlings, and Sugarmuffins" back his direction.

We finally got the cows worked and Dad left for Priesthood session. Mom and I sat down and watched the Saturday morning session of general conference. It was so amazing. President Monson introduced new ages for missionaries. Women are able to leave when they are 19 and Young Men can go when they are 18. It was so exciting!

Conference on Sunday was amazing as well. I think conference is always a reminder to me that Heavenly Father knows me and knows what is going on in my life. I felt Heavenly Father's love for me and felt as if many talks were directed right at me. I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be and that I am going in the right direction.  The message that I got from conference was that you have unlimited potential. Are you tapping into that and becoming the person that you could be? It really made me wonder if I was becoming like I should be?  I think I am heading in the right direction. I'm not there yet, but I'm working on it. Always.
There were several talks that I loved including David A. Bednar and Ann M. Dibb's. Both were amazing and really touched me.

To top off this crazy busy weekend, I got a flat tire on my way back to Logan. I left Sunday after 5 and headed north. I got about an hour into the journey when my tire went horribly and completely flat. So I have a couple of options, drive back to Delta on my donut or continue to Logan (another 3 hours) on the donut. Not even really an option. Thank goodness for the kind man that helped me change my tire. I almost had it changed except I couldn't get the last lug nut undone. Sometimes girl muscles just can't get the job done. The tire got changed and I put put back to Delta. Ended up staying one more night in Delta, got a new tire yesterday and drove back to Logan. Life is crazy, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment