Monday, November 12, 2012

23 DAYS!!!

Me and Kort
For almost 18 months I have waited for Best Friend to get back to the United States. Kortney and I have an untypical friendship. We met as sophomores in high school. My other best friend started hanging out with the guys that hung out with Kortney. There was the six of us in this weird not normal cliche. You had Alma, Chelsie, Trevor, Stephen, Kortney and Me. Jocks, computer nerds, geeks, rodeo people and musicians, I'm not even sure what we were, but it was weird and surprisingly it worked.


Kortney and Chelsie 

In High school and since then we have done so many crazy fun things.  We went and supported our friends in orchestra, sports and rodeo. We played card games and watched movies together. Chelsie and Alma became boyfriend and girlfriend even though they never admitted and because of it Kortney and I got very close. Turning us into best friends. Chel and I were the young ones. Everyone else graduated a year before us and when that happened, Kortney and I still stayed in contact. We wrote letters and called each other and every break we spent some time together.


Then Chel and I graduated. I came to Utah State and Kortney was still at Snow College. We didn't see each other as much, but we still talked often. This went on for a couple of years, seeing each other off and on and talking on the phone. Almost 18 months ago, we had a final hoorah before she left on her mission to Portugal. We took a very long drive so that I could drop Spanky off at Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort. 4 hours down and 4 hours back, We talked about her mission and our lives. We never ran out of things to say.   A couple of weeks later, she left for the MTC and later went to Portugal.

For 18 months we have wrote letters and stayed caught up with each others lives the best we could. She is the only missionary besides my brother that I have consistently wrote to. She gets home on December 5th and I am so excited. I have missed calling her and talking to her. We have the same sense of humor and so when we would watch movies there were certain parts that we would be laughing so hard at together. (Usually we would be laughing at the parts that no one else understood) The countdown begins! 23 days and counting! I can't even wait to see my best friend, who is more like a sister to me than a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment