Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A realization....

I made a realization yesterday that I don't think I was ready for. I've always had my life planned out ever since I was a little girl. It was always go to school, graduate, go to more school and somewhere a long the way get married and start a family. Yeah, well that was the plan anyway. It hasn't exactly gone the way I planned. I mean I went to school and I graduated and I'm going to school and I graduate in May, but the whole get married and start a family is not something that I can do on my own and now I'm kinda stumped. As graduation looms nearer and nearer, I have this great curiosity to what I am supposed to do with my life.  It seems like I am starting over again and wondering where I belong. I have no solid plans except to find a job and pay off my student debt and it is weird. I feel like I am in this limbo where I have no solid direction and for a planner like me, that is a really tough place to be. But then I ran into this insight as I was emailing my brother. It is actually a scripture. Doctrine and Covenants 6:14 to be specific.

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, blessed art thou for what thou hast done; for thou hast ainquired of me, and behold, as often as thou hast inquired thou hast received instruction of my Spirit. If it had not been so, thou wouldst not have come to the place where thou art at this time."

My Life up to this point has definitely not gone the way I planned. Yes, somethings were definitely in the plans such as school and graduating, but other things like doing summer sales or working at Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort were not in the plans. And that is when this scripture really hit me. I realized that even though those things weren't in my plans, they were definitely in the Lords. And now that I'm reaching the end of my plans, I guess that means that I have more of an opportunity to really follow what the Lord wants me to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment