Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year!

I survived! I made it through 2012 and through the Mayan's end of the world! It was a difficult year full of many challenges. My dad asked my entire family over Christmas what we had learned from this year and what we remembered. There were several things that stood out to me. The biggest one was probably my Uncle Monte's death. That was difficult for me and my family. It still is. I don't think you really ever get used to the hole that is left when a loved one leaves this life.

There were other things that weren't as big, but just as important like my internships. I learned so much about who I want to be while I was taking care of them. I learned a lot this year about loving my self and being okay with who I am and who I am becoming. I'm so far from perfect that it is not even funny, but I am a continual work in progress.

So onto the New Year. I'm looking forward to 2013. I will finally be able to graduate this year and that is still at the top of my list for exciting events. My Sister got engaged over the holidays, so we are getting ready for her wedding as well as my Brother being released from his mission. Big events for all of us! Can't wait for the upcoming challenges and all those things that I need to learn.

2 comments:

  1. I also lost an Uncle in 2012. It is a hard thing, and it really does leave a gaping hole. But I'm hoping that each year we can heal a little more. Hope you enjoyed the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will be able to. And yes, I really enjoyed my holidays!

      Delete