Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hawaii!

Yeah that's right! I went to Hawaii for 6 glorious days! I was run ragged by endless list of things to do, but it was heaven. So for the travelogue:

Monday:
We flew into Oahu Hawaii and at the gate was greeted by 76* weather. Compared to our frigid 32* it was a heat wave. We didn't have any plans, but after I typed in the address to our hotel on my dear "Garmin" aka "Carmen or Eugenia," she took us an hour away from our hotel. Landing us on U.S. Army base where the guard told us that we were basically screwed! Yay! for great beginnings.

Tuesday:
We had a super nice buffet breakfast and met a glorious native named Lei. Lei was absolutely wonderful and encouraged us to drive around the island and visit some of the sites on the outside like Dole Plantation, North Shore and a few other places that we didn't end up going to. We walked through The World's Largest Maze.  It looked something like this, except for we were on the ground trying to find our way out! (Actually it wasn't that big, especially considering some of the corn mazes I have been in.) After that we went to lunch at Haleiwa Joe's. It was an amazing place. We were able to sit on this deck and overlook the North Shore. It was so beautiful and amazing. The food was pretty good too. I had a grilled cajun fish sandwich with wasabi sauce. Holy Cow! That is the strongest wasabi sauce I have ever had. (If you have any issues with your sinuses- don't worry it will clean them out!)
We finished our tour that day by hiking Waimea Valley. I loved it. It was so peaceful and so pretty. At the top of the hike there was this awesome waterfall and a huge natural pool area where people could swim. It was so great! I loved every second of it!

Wednesday:
Was huge! We decided that that would be the day for physical activity! We started out early in the morning hiking Diamond Head. It is a pretty good hike. Not too hard or strenuous, but definitely worth the view. Actually I was really glad that I have been trudging up 8th north for several months because that made it much easier. We got to the top and you could see everything. You could see Waikiki and North Shore. It really was so pretty. The only thing that I suggest is that if you do end up going to Diamond Head make sure you hike early. By the time we left around 10:30 or so, it was getting pretty crowded! After that we ended up going snorkeling at Hapuna Bay (I think). Holy absolutely crazy! I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to snorkel. I eventually got it figure out and was super excited only to realize that it was time to pack up and leave. Anyway, snorkeling is quite an adventure and I highly recommend it. I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it once I figured it out. So that was my vacation until Wednesday! Part 2 will finish it up and let you know what happened the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment